A comprehensive Religious Education Program for students ages four through high school dedicated to evangelization, community-building, spiritual development, worship, and service to others.
Important Guidelines and Information
Starting and Finishing Times
Sunday morning classes begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Please try to arrive on time. Classes are finished at 10:00, just prior to the 10:15 mass.
Dropping off and picking up children
- Our Sunday morning classes co-ordinate with the 8:00 and 10:15 Masses. We strongly urge you to attend Mass with your children. Please use extreme caution when picking up your children. The following guidelines can help you improve safety:
- Never permit young children to walk through the parking lot or to cross the street unaccompanied. Park and come into the building to pick up young children. If the church parking lot is full, use the university lot across Newman Lane.
- Do not drop off or pick your children up on Normal Road. Please do not park on Newman Lane to wait for your children after Religious Education, as it contributes to congestion for those arriving for 10:15 Mass.
Registration and Opportunity for Involvement
The families of all children in our Religious Education program should be in our parish registry. Please see the Directors of Religious Education or office staff for additional information.
Tuition and Fees
- $125 per child; $300 cap – maximum per family.
- No special sacramental fees.
- Payments may be spread out to fit your budget.
- Make checks payable to: Newman Center Religious Education
- If tuition is a problem, please contact Cheryl Lehman or Birdie Welsh, Business Manager.
- Scholarship assistance is available.
- Catechists pay half tuition.
Copy link below and paste it into your browser to register for 2018-2019
If you would like to volunteer to become involved in the Religious Education program, we staff the following positions:
- Catechist (has major responsibility for planning and teacher lessons)
- Catechist aide (helps the catechist and may substitute)
- Co-catechist (teaches in conjunction with another catechist)
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Cheryl Lehman, Director of Religious Education, 815-787-7770