Welcome to the Newman Catholic Student Center, your Catholic parish on campus! Every new year brings a new focus and theme to our mission.
Our focus for the year is to show the power of God’s peace in a stress filled life. According to a recent statistic, 65% of the students that drop out of college, drop out because of anxiety. Our hope for this year is to inspire souls to bring their problems to Christ so that they may continue in faith instead of freeze up in the awfulness that anxiety can bring. Please feel free to stop by our office (3rd door on the right) to introduce yourself so that we can get to know you better and you can find out more about everything that Newman has to offer!
Among our activities are:
- Pizza Nugget Night – after designated Sunday 9pm Masses
- Dinner in the Dining Hall – Join our Newman priests & fellow students as we share a meal together in the various Residence halls throughout the semester
- Pray the Rosary – Tuesday nights at 8:30pm in the Chapel
- Dead Theologians Society – A night time gathering to share and learn more about the lives of the saints and how we can imitate them in our own lives once a month on Mondays at 7 pm
- Adoration – Wednesday night at 8 pm and Monday-Thursday at 3 pm
- Faith Enrichment – Once a month on Monday nights students gather at 7:00pm for weekly faith formation and are invited to stay for 9pm Mass followed by pizza & fellowship
- 24 Hour Study during finals week
- Additional fun stuff: Pool Parties, Game Nights, BBQ’s, Six Flags, Skiing, Pilgrimage Day and much, much more!
Please stop in, introduce yourself and find out how much Newman has to offer. May God Bless and keep you always!!
For more information you can also contact the co-chairs at email@example.com